Terms & Policies
1. Policies regarding orders and acceptance of orders
When you make an order, you are making an offer to purchase, and such an offer is subject to acceptance by us. In the event of a purchase, you will be required to accurately provide the recipient’s name and shipping address. If by chance A Gift Story cancels all or a part of your order, A Gift Story will:
- issue a credit to your credit/debit card or bank account in the amount charged for the canceled portion (if your account card has already been charged for the order) or
- not charge your credit/debit card or bank account for the canceled portion of the order.
For your convenience, A Gift Story accepts Visa, Debit Card, and Stripe. Notwithstanding anything contained herein, all payments made by the above-mentioned options, or through payment gateway on our website are subject to specific terms and conditions of such third-party payment gateways.
2. Substitution Policy
Every cake we sell is handcrafted, and since each chef has his or her method of baking and designing a cake, there may be minor variations in style and form. Due to temporary and/or regional unavailability issues, flavor/design substitutions are sometimes needed.
In such instances, our knowledgeable staff will make every effort to produce the product as closely as possible to the description/photograph provided, substituting only products of equal or greater value.
If a product you ordered is out of stock or unavailable, we will contact you to provide an alternative product. If we are unable to contact you, we will give you the alternative product because we understand that you might be giving it to a loved one(s) on a special occasion and we do not want anything to detract from the occasion’s spirit. We assure our customers that we do not compromise with our quality under any circumstances.
3. Order Modification/Cancellation Policy
There are some orders that we will not be able to accept and will be canceled by us. We reserve the right to cancel any order for any reason, including any unexpected circumstances that may arise, such as limitations on the number of products available for purchase, errors in the product(s) or pricing details, or credit department limitations. Before we can approve any order, we need some information and details from you. We will contact you before canceling any order.
Orders placed on the same day are normally handled immediately and cannot be changed or canceled. If you need to change or cancel an order, please contact us at +91 9717172827. We will try to change or cancel your order if it has not been prepared or is not ready for delivery. If the order has already been prepared/shipped, it cannot be changed or canceled, and you will be charged for it. Please offer at least 24 hours notice in all other cases of order
4. Order/Delivery Confirmation E-mail and SMS
You will receive an Order Confirmation email shortly after placing an order, which will contain all of the specifics of your order, including the order number, which will be needed if you need to correspond with A Gift Story for your order.
If you have not received an Order Confirmation email or SMS, please contact us at email@example.com or call +91 717172827. When your order is delivered, you will also receive a Delivery Confirmation email.
5. Shipping & Delivery Policy
You agree that the delivery time demanded is not guaranteed. The estimated delivery period is determined by the product’s availability and the location’s logistics where you want the product to be shipped.
Due to the following factors, delivery can take longer:
- Inclement weather
- Political upheaval
- Other unforeseeable events
In such situations, we will contact you ahead of time. Please check your emails and SMS for updates regularly.
We recommend placing your order at least a week ahead of time for major events/festivities/celebrations.
We only attempt the distribution of perishable goods such as cakes and muffins. If the delivery is not completed during the attempt, you will still be charged for the order, and there will be no option for re-delivery. In the following scenarios, we will consider the order that was carried out:
- The shipping/delivery address is incorrect.
- The intended recipient is unavailable.
- The premises are locked.
- The recipient refuses to accept the package.
If the recipient is unavailable, the delivery person may instruct the recipient to have the order delivered to the gate/reception/neighbor. In the event of a delivery conflict, proof of delivery will be given.
6. Payment Terms
You consent to pay the price listed on our website at the time you placed your order (Product Price), as well as any relevant taxes and delivery fees for the delivery service you choose. All taxes (other than taxes dependent on A Gift Story’s income), fees, duties, and other governmental costs, as well as any associated penalties and interest, resulting from the purchase of the goods and services (Taxes) will be solely the customer’s responsibility.
There are no refunds on any fees (except as expressly outlined in the Terms and Conditions). We reserve the right to charge late fees on all past-due payments equal to the lesser of 1.5 % on the unpaid balance or the highest amount permitted by Applicable Law on the unpaid balance. You agree to cover all processing expenses, attorney’s fees, and court costs associated with collecting past-due amounts.
The company has imposed a “Convenience Charge” to allow customers to choose products and place orders for delivery anywhere in India without having to visit our physical store. This includes the expenses of the company’s internet and device management.
You consent to receive communications from us via email, SMS, or any other form of electronic, verbal, or physical contact. You accept that all agreements, notes, disclosures, and other correspondence sent to you by A Gift Story via e-mail or any other of the foregoing mediums meet any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
We can contact the recipient before delivery in some cases. If you do not want us to contact the receiver, please call our Customer Care department at +91- 9717172827 and let them know.
We’d like to remind you in the future(s) for the same occasion because we’re also in the occasion-based gifting market. You agree that we can contact you via SMS, phone call, or email at the phone number and email address you provide to assist you with our free Occasion Reminder Service.
8. Feedbacks and suggestions
A Gift Story goes to great lengths to ensure that you get high-quality goods and services. We make every effort to not only meet but also to surpass your standards. If you have any issues with an order or are dissatisfied with our service, please call us at +91-9717172827 (08:00-22:30, 7 days a week) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your ideas and reviews are extremely valuable to us.
Note: If a product is faulty or of poor quality, we will replace it. We may need to do a reverse pick-up for that product for quality reasons before we can do redelivery.
9. Returns and Refund Policy:
- Products are returnable within the applicable return window if you’ve received them in a condition that is physically damaged, has missing parts or accessories, defective, or different from their description on the product details.
- You have 10 days to return an item from the date you received it.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. Your item must be in the original packaging.
- Your item needs to have a receipt or proof of purchase.
- Return will be processed only if:
- It is determined that the product was not damaged while in your possession;
- The product is not different from what was shipped to you;
- The product is returned in original condition (with the brand’s/manufacturer’s box, MRP tag intact, user manual, warranty card, and all the accessories therein).
During pick-up, your product will be checked for the above-mentioned conditions.
The field executive will refuse to accept the return if any of the above conditions are not met.
For any products for which a refund is to be given, the refund will be processed once the returned product has been received by the seller.
- Products marked as “non-returnable” on the product detail page cannot be returned.
If the replacement request is placed and the seller does not have the same product in stock, we will provide a refund.
- Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item.
- We will immediately notify you of the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
- If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment).
- You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer’s policies.
You will be responsible for paying for your shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are nonrefundable.